Monday, November 26, 2012

Time to Project!



I wanted to introduce you to my newest favorite decorating tool.  Yes, this magical device can take this novice artist and make me look like I know what I am doing.  I can project on the walls, on furniture, the ceilings....you get the picture.  This little machine was purchased through a Craigs listing for pennies on the door.


I got my graphics from Graphic Fairy...her pieces are great. I am even tracing one on kitchen towels tonight.
This dresser is a cast off from my daughter. I mod-podged the top with scrap paper and stained the rest of the piece....still tooooooooooo boring.




You just set your machine over the image you want to project onto your surface.
You will have to adjust the distance by moving the machine closer or further back.
Just like in school...now that was really years ago.


This looked great and I think I will reduce it and put it beside the sewing machine.


I decided on the sewing machine since this dresser holds my sewing supplies.

Now just trace...it is that easy.  I traced first with pencil and then with black sharpie pen.  The finished piece will be revealed later.

This is fun...now to find other places.  I am looking for a wall to project a table onto...it won't take up room space, yet it will look like a piece of furniture.  Where might you enjoy projecting?




My first project with my projector was my son's room.  Here is the full blog post of his room - http://janettessage.blogspot.com/2012/05/cowboy-room-reveal.html

Let your imagination take you beyond your abilities with a projector!  

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome. It looks really nice. I can't wait to see how that dresser looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I am looking for some old thread spools for the knobs...thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Janette
    This is a perfect idea. I wish I'd had a projector last week when I couldn't find anything that I could use to trace a pattern onto my painters cloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using it for everything...and it was very cheap...a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I have a projector as well. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby. Wasn't cheap but I did get to use my coupon! :) It's a great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant! i would never in a million years do this,
    but then i am not the interior designer/artist.

    when you said, "time to project", i thought you
    were talking about singing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool, Janette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a Wonderful Tool for the Artists and Repurposers of us! I now will be looking for one for many of my Projects! So many Ideas and yet doing it Freehand takes so long and doesn't always come out the way I want it to... this would be a much better way to Create Fab Signs and Upcycle Furniture for my Showroom! Thanks for Sharing... Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janette,
    I'm so glad you're sharing your expertise here. This is a wonderful idea, and I'm looking forward to learning so much more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to join in on the decorating conversation. I will be back with you through email or visiting your blog.